Parent Teacher Assosciation (PTA)
Who is the PTA?
The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a voluntary group composed of teachers and parents/carers from St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School (the School).
What does the PTA do?
The PTA supports the School by promoting activities and events, which bring parents/carers and their children together in a social, friendly setting. The PTA also stages these events to help raise extra funds for the School to spend on our children, including the Year 6 leavers.
Some of the PTA’s recent accomplishments (pre-COVID) have included the following:
Raised funding to help pay for the new playground (called the “MUGA”)
- Hosted annual school discos for each year group
- Contributed a large sum to the new running track
- Promoted our diverse School community by celebrating cultures from around the world by organizing the annual International Evening
- Staged the sponsored event ‘Move it Move it!’, which promoted physical health through exercise/activity to raise money for classrooms
- Managed the annual Christmas Fair, which helps promote the Christmas spirit, raises funds for the school.
- In addition, the PTA sell Christmas cards as designed by our children as well as the distribution of Christmas crackers, tablecloths and chocolates to make the School’s Christmas lunch and Advent Service even more special.
- Raised funds for each class including Forest School and DT by hosting ice - lolly and cake sales
During 2022/23 the PTA is working to once again work together with parents/carers and teachers to hold these and other events. As you can appreciate, all these events take some organising. The PTA needs your help: new volunteers and ideas help to continue bringing new events and fundraisers to the School.
We hope to you can participate in the PTA meetings and sponsored events. Please contact us for more information about how to help by emailing: email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
2022-2023 PTA Committee
o Sarah Hiner : Newly appointed Chair
o Maria Isabella Sereni : Newly appointed Co/Vice-Chair
o Cris Cavendish: Kindly agreed to continue as Treasurer
o Veronica Flemming: Newly appointed Secretary.